Friday, August 21, 2009

Mulch

Today, Martha and I took two pickups and went to SMUD. They have a GINORMOUS pile of mulch that you can take for free. So we loaded up the beds and took it to the garden. I have to say it was quite some work getting all that mulch in the cars. It was also pretty comical, both Martha and I climbing up the mulch pile to scrape it down into the bed.
After the dump off at the garden, I took some home and put it in our garden. When I put it around the agapanthas and potato bush, it really improved the look on the corner. The composition of this mulch isnt' the prettiest I have seen (not like the cedar that our neigbor gave us), but it really set off the green of the plants on that corner in a really appealing way.
Did I mention this was free? YAY SMUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment